DC-126 Fantastic Stone Renovation Just €150000
House Size 130 M2
Plot Size 280 M2
Views Rural View
This is a spacious, stunning fully renovated stone property.
The house for those who want to live or holiday in a real Cretan home in a real Cretan village
There are so many features that we cannot list them all.
If you want a fantastic renovation at a fantastic price come and look!
NOTE: There are issues associated with the building permit associated with this property. As a result, any sale is likely to take 6 months to complete.
This house has been lovingly restored by the current owners lived on Crete for more than 14 years. They spent much of that time making this house a combination of an eclectic work of art, a homage to the original structure and a truly magnificent home. Parts of the house are more than 300 years old
A house (labyrinth) on split levels—each level reached by a few steps. Enter the house via a cosy annex and you have two choices:-
1) The guest bedroom. An extensive bedroom currently used as a music / hobby area .
This is a wondrous room with a stunning low arch leading to the original bakery/kitchen now a secret bedroom space with various stone features—including the restored bread oven and chimney!
2) The main kitchen / dining area which is a fantastic space with a huge arch dominating the large kitchen with many units and an island plus the unique original wood beamed ceiling and a great separate dining space .
You can now either go a few steps ‘up’ or a few steps ‘down’……. If we go ‘up’, the wooden steps lead us in to the large and spacious living area with more great wooden floors and ceilings leading to a terrace with steps down to the courtyard.
Alternatively we can go ‘down’ a few steps to a hallway leading to a large bedroom with masses of storage space, wooden ceilings and more. Also off this hallway is a large bathroom— with a full sized bath and separate shower plus a vanity basin. There is also a separate utility area and a doorway here leads to the rear courtyard.
This house has a great outside area, reflecting the ability that we enjoy of being able to effectively ‘live outside’ for many months of the year. There is a walled courtyard leading through terraces, via an arch to a further courtyard with storage shed.
There are lots of mature plants, bougainvillea, and it would be easy to put a Jacuzzi or small pool if required in to this very private and lovely area. There is also a hammock and external seating (below) with shade for a number of people—a very relaxing area in very private space. In addition, there are areas to dine externally and terraces for sunbathing.
- Fully fitted kitchen—ceramic hob,
- Washing machine,
- The original well in the house has been retained as a brilliant feature
- Gas cooker,
- Solar panel and Immersion heater,
- Wood burning stove,
- Satellite dish,
- Easy walking distance to Tavernas, cafes and shops,
- Telephone Land Line and Internet,
- Private Courtyards,
- Air conditioning and Ceiling fans,
- Great garden/sitting areas with mature plants
- Some great furniture - by separate negotiation