INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO OPEN A BANK ACCOUNT IN GREECE AS A FOREIGN RESIDENT. LIST OF ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS NEEDED FOR THE PROCEDURE.
Opening a bank account is strongly recommended in order to proceed with the purchase of a property in Greece. It gives evidence of all transactions related to your purchase and provides the necessary tax proof to be provided annually by your accountant to the Greek tax authorities for your tax return.
You will also find it useful to have a bank account once living here to pay utility bills/annual taxes etc.
In order to open a bank account in a Greek bank you will need:
* Copy of your passport or identity card.
* Certificate of Greek tax number.
* Proof of your home address.
* Proof of your profession.
* Proof of your professional address.
* Proof of your recent annual and monthly income.
* Certificate of tax residence. Some banks need this issued by the tax authority of your country and some banks will accept just a statement from the client.
* Document showing your non Greek Tax number.
* Your home and professional phone numbers as shown on any official document.
* If you are not present, you should sign a Power of Attorney to a proxy/lawyer to open the bank account for you.
If you wish the account to be a joint one, all parties should provide the necessary documents.
All English documents are accepted. Documents from other countries have to be translated into English or Greek.