DC-126 Fantastic Renovation Reduced to €150,000
House Size 130 M2
Plot Size 280 M2
Views Rural View
STONE RENOVATION REDUCED TO JUST €150,000!
This is a spacious, stunning fully renovated stone property.
The house for those who want to live or holiday in a real Cretan home in a real Cretan village
There are so many ‘features’ that we can’t list them all.
If you want a fantastic renovation at a fantastic price—come and look!
This house has been lovingly restored by the current owners who have lived on Crete for more than 14 years. They have spent much of that time making this house a combination of an eclectic work of art, a homage to the original structure and a truly magnificent home. Parts of the house are more than 300 years old
A house (labyrinth) on split levels—each level reached by a few steps. Enter the house via a cosy annex and you have two choices:-
1) The guest bedroom. An extensive bedroom currently used as a music / hobby area .
This is a wondrous room with a stunning low arch leading to the original bakery/kitchen now a secret bedroom space with various stone features—including the restored bread oven and chimney!
2) The main kitchen / dining area which is a fantastic space with a huge arch dominating the large kitchen with many units and an island plus the unique original wood beamed ceiling and a great separate dining space .
You can now either go a few steps ‘up’ or a few steps ‘down’……. If we go ‘up’, the wooden steps lead us in to the large and spacious living area with more great wooden floors and ceilings leading to a terrace with steps down to the courtyard.
Alternatively we can go ‘down’ a few steps to a hallway leading to a large bedroom with masses of storage space, wooden ceilings and more. Also off this hallway is a large bathroom— with a full sized bath and separate shower plus a vanity basin. There is also a separate utility area and a doorway here leads to the rear courtyard.
This house has a great outside area, reflecting the ability that we enjoy of being able to effectively ‘live outside’ for many months of the year. There is a walled courtyard with a water feature leading through terraces, via an arch to a further courtyard with storage shed.
There are lots of mature plants, bougainvillea, large lemon trees and it would be easy to ‘slip’ a Jacuzzi if required in to this very private and lovely area. There is also a hammock and external seating (below) with shade for a number of people—a very relaxing area in very private space. In addition, there are areas to dine externally and terraces for sunbathing.
- Fully fitted kitchen—ceramic hob,
- Washing machine,
- The original well in the house has been retained as a brilliant feature
- Gas cooker,
- Solar panel and Immersion heater,
- Wood burning stove,
- Satellite dish,
- Easy walking distance to Tavernas, cafes and shops,
- Telephone Land Line and Internet,
- Private Courtyards,
- Air conditioning and Ceiling fans,
- Great garden/sitting areas with mature plants — including the biggest lemon tree you’ve ever seen
- Some great furniture - by separate negotiation